Tuesday, May 02, 2006

ONE WEEK ANNIVERSARY

Well, it has been one week since I smoked my last cigarette. I will admit it has been touch at times. I want to thank you all for the encouragement it really helps. I wish you guys were here all the time to get me going and motivated. Motivation is something I lack. But so far so good as far as quitting cigarettes. Papa Bear is going to TRY to quit tomorrow. I hope he can do it this time. He doesn't last too long quitting, a week was the most he has quit. But I am just thankful he is trying. A couple of years ago you couldn't even get him to think about it. So this is a big step for him.

Well, school is coming to a close this month at Baby Bear's school. I am so sad because he will be moving on from Elementary to Middle School. I know there will be and has already been tears shed. I am sure many more will come before he is out and then this fall when he goes to the dreaded Middle School. He went today with his class to tour the Middle School. Actually I was glad that he came back with positive attitude. He said it was cool and he said it was HUGE and he expected to get lost for awhile. Tee Hee. He is so cute. I am hoping that next week which is called "Movin to the Middle" that the parents get to go tour the school and find out more about it. I wanted to go today but didn't get to. Then he is having a "5th Grade Night" I guess that is sort of like graduation from the 5th grade. This week he will be busy, they toured the school today then tomorrow they are taking a field trip to our state capital. Picnic day is Friday and then next week is a big week also with Movin to the Middle night, 5th Grade night, and the list goes on and on. He has a lot going on before school lets out on May 19th. Then that same weekend we are going camping again with Boy Scouts. My baby is growing up so fast. My older baby boy is 22 and it seems just yesterday that he was going to the Middle School for the first time. To me this time is sadder than the first day of kindergarden. So I will be shedding some tears these next few weeks. I intend to take some pictures to share also.

Thanks again for all the well wishing and encouragement on me kicking the habit.. it was much appreciated.

Mama Bear

5 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Keep it up...you have one week behind you and since you are deadset on quitting smoking, I know you will do it.

Baby Bear sounds like he has quite a bit of things to keep him busy these next couple of weeks. I know it's sad for you to see your baby growing up, but remember he'll always be your baby no matter which stage in his life he's in...and such a sweet cuddly one too.

I really enjoyed reading your post and it sounds like you're doing just fine....Now, if we can just get PapaBear to kick the habit.

May 03, 2006 8:45 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Did I tell you that my story is Entry #6 over at bornfool's blog?
http://bornfool.blogspot.com/

May 05, 2006 12:16 AM  
Blogger ... Paige said...

Hang in there, you are doing great & I'm proud of ya. Its a hard thing to let go of. But you will find so much more nicer things to replace it with. Time being the main one. You may gain a little weight. It is normal your metabolisim (sp?) is changing & it will mess up for a while, but will get back on track latter. don't worry.
Moving on up, its a good thing, it is what we want for our kids.
Oh yeah, I'm glad I brought a smile to yall. Happy weekend

May 05, 2006 10:23 PM  
Blogger Alipurr said...

congrats on quitting smoking! that is great! just do one day at at time. tell baby bear congrats on graduation to middle school. I am sure he will do great

May 06, 2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

Hi Mama Bear, I'm so proud of you for passing the one week point. The odds are soooo against the person who uses that darn tobacco!!
I know you can do it, and Baby Bear believes in you too! *VBS* Just hang in there.

I remember well that big transition from elem. to Middle School..wow..they grow up so fast!
Hugs for everything, glad you are beginning to feel better, Finn

May 08, 2006 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home