Monday, May 01, 2006

Busy Week!

First of all I want to thank everyone who sent well wishes on my test and come to visit me. As far as my heart cath it showed some blockage but not bad enough that I needed a stint or anything.... just a change in cholesterol medication, adding another medication and to quit smoking. I am so proud of myself..... and I hope I continue..... but I KICKED THE HABIT, I HAVE QUIT SMOKING... on the insistance of Baby Bear and Papa Bear. I think what really done it was Baby Bear crying that night before my test because he was worried about me. That broke my heart and I decided I would do it so I could be around here for him and Brother Bear and all the other special people in my life. I have been wanting to quit for a long time and I have finally done it. I have quit several times before.. even for a year and then went back so I hope to have quit for good now. I am going to take it one day at a time. I am hoping Papa Bear will join me soon. He says when he runs out he will.. which will probably be today.. I HOPE. It is a very expensive and hard habit to break.

I haven't written because I have been sick since my heart cath. I am not sure what it was I spiked a fever of 103 the day I came home and couldn't get up I was so achy and chilling and nauseated. I was told by the cardiologist to take Tylenol and Benadryl and see my regular doctor the next day which when my husband called they were not in that day... so I just toughed it out. I got to feeling better and hadn't planned on it but Baby Bear had a camping trip for Cub Scouts that was originally planned for him and Papa Bear to go but Papa Bear begged me to go along with him. So... I went. Baby Bear had a ceremony where he and some other Cub Scouts crossed over to Boy Scouts. It was a very touching time for me because I realize he is growing up.. needless to say I had tears in my eyes as I walked him over the bridge to join his new Boy Scout leader. All in all we had a good time. Weather was nice and we are meeting a lot of nice people. Baby Bear just loves it and didn't want to come home. He has made a lot of nice friends and he scored well in the BB shooting and will receive a patch for that. They had archery, BB's, crafts, fishing, fishing pole making, and planting trees so they were pretty busy. Baby Bear was exhausted when we got home yesterday as were we all.

Well, I am going for now just wanted to say I haven't forgotten anyone although I haven't been posting or checking blogs.. I intend to catch up as soon as I can on everyone's blogs. And I wanted to thank you all for your kindness. It looks like a busy week for us this week as Baby Bear has several activities at school. Will get into detail later.

I plan on posting some pictures if they turned out good on our camping trip. I have to get them developed first.


Mama Bear

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That was a wonderful post and I'm so glad that you have quit smoking and I certainly do hope that Papa Bear joins you on that too. You will soon realize the health benefits for all three of you and going places will be so much more enjoyable as you won't have to miss anything by excusing yourself to leave for a smoking break. Congratulations...I know that it wasn't an easy thing to do.

I'm glad that you are well again and great that Baby Bear is enjoying the scouts and meeting new friends...It should be a fun summer for him and I hope that the scouts have plenty of activities planned for the summer. It will keep Baby Bear from missing school so much. I'm also looking forward to those pictures of the scout camping trip.

Glad you are back....I've missed reading your blog and I've missed your comments to mine.

May 01, 2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

Hi Mama Bear, so happy to hear your test came out on the good side..*VBS* My my biggest HIGH 5 and congratulations on kicking the habit!! Can't think of anything that would be harded to do than that! Give yourself lots of credit every day you don't smoke!! And an extra hugs for those boy bears, Finn

May 02, 2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger ... Paige said...

Glad you are doing ok. VERY GLAD you are kicking that habit. You can do it. Once you get past that first week. When it pops in you head (& it will) tell your self, nope I have done fine so far & I gonna stick it out! I stopped 2 years ago last month. Don't miss it at all. Sending you good luck vibes & happy wishes.

May 02, 2006 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home