Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sister & Family


While at my dad and mom's we went for a visit to my neice's house to visit with her and her mom (my sister). It was my sister's birthday. My neice just had a baby in December and the baby was so sweet and cuddly. She cried every time I put her down. It had been so long since I had held a baby and it felt good! I can't hold babies like I used to because of my hands, neck and shoulder problems but I just had to try. It was nice what little bit of time I could hold her. Above is my sister on the left, my neice and her baby. The next picture is of my mom, my neice's boy, dad and my neice's baby. And below precious baby sleeping.... I couldn't resist this, isn't she adorable? They come out with the best things now for babies. This seat she is in has a massager on it! Can you believe it? Wish they would have had that when I had babies. LOL Her little boy is autistic and he is so sweet. He has a little computer that he talks with to let her know what he wants he also does sign language and he is very smart. He was pushing the button on the computer for Chicken Nuggets and French Fries... so she went and fixed him some Chicken Nuggets but didn't make French Fries.... when she brought him back his Chicken Nuggets he just kept pushing the button for French Fries, it was so cute... but he was eventually satisfied with only the Chicken Nuggets. He is a sweetheart.
So I say hats off to my neice and her husband they sure are a sweet couple and are great parents. And it was good to see them all.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger doubleknot said...

Oh how sweet sleeping babies are.

I got to meet my niece Kayla for the first time this weekend as her mom and family were down for a visit from Ohio.

It is nice to get together with family.

April 04, 2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That was nice that you got to visit on your sister's birthday.
The baby is so sweet and wouldn't of it been nice to have a massaging baby seat...Papa Bear sure could have used one. We had to put him in the car and take him for a ride to get him to sleep sometimes.
I've heard of people putting their baby's on top of a dryer and turning it on to soothe the baby, so it will go to sleep. I sure wasn't aware that you could buy a baby seat with a massager in it.

I'm so glad that you guys got to visit lots of your family and I can see how this would make you homesick to be back in Cynthiana. I have enjoyed seeing all the pictures that you have posted and hope you have more stories & pictures to share with us.

April 04, 2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thank you for your kind words on my blog. That night was very terrifying for me and one I'll never forget. The amazing thing is that the tornado came up right in the sunset. There was no storm or anything before. It just came and then afterwards was the storm part. The thunder and lightening did not stop until almost daybreak the next morning. I'm so thankful that my brother was there and thought it looked like a funnel cloud and urged them to get into the cellar. If he had not of been there they might not have done so.

Good looking family! That baby is so cute and precious!!

April 04, 2006 3:55 PM  
Blogger ... Paige said...

How wonderful to be able to welcome the new one & get to every one else too. Those storms were horrible I have been trying to keep informed but they don't tell us too much here. Best wishes to all.

April 05, 2006 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home