Saturday, April 01, 2006

Spring is in the air at mom and dad's


Baby Bear has been on spring break this week so we took a trip up in Northern Kentucky (my hometown) to visit my parents. We had a great time. While there we got to watch the deer come up and eat in their backyard. There were about 4 but I only got a picture of one of them. It is so nice there. I really do miss it and sometimes find myself wishing I were back home, well.. most of the time wishing this. I sure do miss it there. We have lived there until about 3 years ago and it was very hard for me to leave. We have always lived just down the road from my mom and dad. I sure do miss being with them and wish I was there to help them.It was quite an adjustment for me and my whole family. Here are pictures I took of the deer, my mom and dad's house, and of her weeping cherry tree that was in bloom. We all had a great time down there. Papa Bear was happy because they gave him an old sewing machine to fix up. He has always wanted one so now he has a project to keep him busy trying to fix it. We found a manual on it on the internet too. Baby Bear stayed there all week and we had to go back today to pick him up. He misses his Granny and Pa.
We made some more memories this week that I will treasure. I even took some short videos of mom and dad. Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger doubleknot said...

How nice to add up some more memories.
My Mom doesn't live too far from me but since we are both sort of house bound we talk on the phone almost every day.
Who I miss most is my daughter who lives in Georgia. I used to get to see her at least once a year but things keep happening and I haven't been able to see her for a few years now.

April 02, 2006 1:20 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I'm glad you're back home because I really missed not hearing from you, but I know your visit was great with your mom & dad.

Seeing deer come up to eat is great and where your mom & dad live is pure beautiful, unspoiled countryside.

I know you miss not being close to them, close enough to run over to their house every day and to have your mom always at your house...you have such a special bond with your mother.

And I know that Baby Bear was in 7th heaven there this week, since it was your parents who cared for him from birth while you & Papa Bear went off to work each day. It was like going home again, but only for a visit.

It sounds like you had a wonderful time and, Mama Bear you are so lucky to have a mother & a father to cherish and love. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, but I'm glad you're safely home again.
*VBS*

April 02, 2006 7:37 AM  
Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

I love the bend in the river around the area where you grew up. I do not have clue as to where your parents live I only have memories of the river and those bottom lands.

April 02, 2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger The Four Bears in the Woods said...

Doubleknot, I have a close bond with my mom too. It is very hard for me. My kids also do as she helped me with them when I worked.

AIP, thanks for welcoming me back and the nice comments. And I do have GREAT parents I am very lucky. I hope I get to have them around for many years to come.

Tomas, I love my hometown too. I think Iknow where you are talking about the the flat bottom next to the river in town, this is where my dad raised acres and acres of tobacco for years and years. If I am not mistaken I think Papa Bear's Grandmother (Mary Sue) said that his Grandfather raised tobacco there years before dad and Papa Bear's dad used to help and he would go there to collect arrow heads alot. Dad collected a lot of arrow heads also. I love the river there too, I love it there. Mom and dad live on the other side of town and pretty close to the river.

Thanks for the comments.

Mama Bear

April 02, 2006 11:23 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Mama Bear...I think you are right about Papa Bear's grandfather raising tobacco at the same spot where your dad raised his in town.

Jim collected arrowheads there too, not too many though. And we collected bunches & bunches near Grays Run...in that area, and all the way up the Licking River bottoms to Ohio.

April 02, 2006 12:59 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I told Jimmy that you saw a deer in your mom's back yard and the first thing that popped out of his mouth was,
"She didn't hit it did she?"

And I said, "NO" ,And I told him again that it was in your mom's back yard, and there were 4 deer and they were alive. *LOL*

April 02, 2006 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home