Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Dr. Seuss Week


Baby Bear brought home this a couple of weeks ago. His school was celebrating Dr. Seuss week. February 27-March3.
His birthday was on the same day as Papa Bear's.

They had a fun week at school celebrating. They had a hat day, silly sock day, inside out day, and pajama day. The p.j. day was Baby Bear's favorite. He said he wished he could wear p.j.s to school everyday. He wore his flannel p.j.s and big soccer shoes (slippers). I wanted a picture to put with this post with him in his p.j.'s but have yet got him to let me take the picture. I didn't have my camera when he did actually wear them. I will get it eventually and post the picture. *VBS*
I have been wanting to write about this for a couple of weeks.... so I decided to go ahead with it.. Oh, I forgot one thing, they had green eggs and ham for lunch one day. Baby Bear really liked that. I think it is nice that the school actually let them do that. They do a lot of things like that which I think is great.


I have always enjoyed Dr. Seuss books growing up and so have my children. I can't decide on Green Eggs and Ham or the Cat in the Hat of the books that are my favorite... but I like them all.


Mama Bear Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Very Funny.
We had crazy wear days but nothing like this. We did color our tongues green on St. Patrick Day but nothing like this. We did some strange things when I crossed the equator. But that was the last time until I heard this.
Very funny.

March 16, 2006 1:18 AM  
Blogger Alipurr said...

sounds like lots of fun

March 16, 2006 5:52 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That's neat that the kids got to celebrate for a whole week, by doing just something as simple as the green eggs & ham lunch, silly hats, wearing PJs, inside/out day...how cool is all that stuff. I remember that we had a Daisy Mae Day at our school, but that's about all. I was too shy to participate.

I'm going to go one step further and tell you what I have observed with this particular school.

This particular school has a high academic standard and the kids learn because school is made to be a fun place that the kids want to be at. They like their teachers and the teachers are able to teach, because they have willing participants who are eager to learn...And why? Because they are happy kids.

I have never seen in my life a more organized school as this one, even down to the parking lot, and it is too bad that this will be baby Bears's last year there.

I'll be waiting for Baby Bear in that PJ picture...but I'm suspecting that he's not willing to pose for you, otherwise I think we would have seen the picture in this post...am I right?

This was another great post by MamaBear.

March 16, 2006 7:18 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

My brother has posted some nice pictures of the beach...check it out at Rancho Relaxo.
He calls his
walks at the beach "their board meeting."

Boy, what I've give to be able to visit the beach.

March 16, 2006 9:41 AM  
Blogger The Four Bears in the Woods said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments Tomas, AIP, Allipur. Glad you stopped by. You are right AIP about getting Baby Bear to let me take his picture of him in his P.J.'s. He is getting at that age where he doesn't want his picture taken. Will have to go over and check out your brothers pictures.

Thanks everyone.

Mama Bear

March 16, 2006 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home