Thursday, March 09, 2006

Where are you kitty?

This was our kitty named Sid. It was Papa Bear's kitty. He went missing this past fall while we were away on a trip for the weekend. We were outside today and thinking about him and Papa Bear asked me to write a story about our sweet kitty, Sid. I asked Papa Bear to write but he just doesn't want to write right now. I can't seem to get Papa Bear to the computer just yet, so everyone is stuck with Mama Bear right now. Papa Bear is too involved in helicopters right now. Papa Bear says he will write one day. I know, it is supposed to be a family blog, but what can I say? I can't persuade him to write right now.

Sid was very special and as you can see he loved to eat with Papa Bear but only certain things he would eat. He loved his cat food but not much table food. He loved yogurt and each night he expected it when Papa Bear would eat some... it was a ritual between the two. We all loved him dearly. We raised three of kittens from one of our cats the following year as tweeny weeny babies, Sid was one of them. (Papa Bear named him Sid because his grandmother loved that name for animals and we always had to name our animals Sid whenever we got a new one.. she would ask us to name it Sid, so we stuck with tradition) Sid became attached to Papa Bear and Papa Bear to Sid. So it was devastating when we came home and he wasn't here. We have posted pictures and looked everywhere for him. I still find myself looking for him. I even have dreams about him still, him coming home. We can't figure out what happened to him... he was always dedicated to staying put on the porch waiting to be fed... that is all he cared about sleeping and eating. He loved to hang around Papa Bear and watch him at whatever he was doing. And when Papa Bear laid down at night Sid was right there on him in his special place with Papa Bear holding him with one arm. He made sure Papa Bear had that arm positioned just right too.

We realize tom cats take little trips for a couple of weeks but this has been over 6 months and we don't feel like he would leave like that for so long. He was too lazy to go very far. The other two cats have stayed also. We have a bad feeling about him being missing. It breaks our hearts to know he probably will never come back. Some people may think it is silly to get so attached to a cat but we love our animals, especially these three kittys.

We were just thinking about him today and I thought I would write about him because he was so precious. Maybe one day he will come back to us, at least we hope. Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Motherkitty said...

Very sad. Papa Bear, I'm sorry your little Sid has gone away from his happy home. I know that you all miss him terribly. Yes, we get very attached to our cats. I have a graveyard out in my back yard.

Mama Bear wrote a very poignant story about Sid and although it made me sad that he was missing, I realize how lucky Sid was to have such loving folks to care for him. We would love to hear from you. Writing is good for the soul.

March 10, 2006 1:19 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I have read two posts about missing pets back to back. There is also a black & white cat named Moocher missing besides Sid.

We all get so attached to our pets...they are part of the family. Jimmy & I make sure that our 3 cats are safely indoors for the night.

Our Tom cats, who are much friendlier than our females always end up answering nature's call...sometimes they come back and sometimes the road takes their lives. Like MotherKitty we have a pet grave yard out back.

I feel your pain about your missing Sid. And I know that you wonder what happened to him. When I have a cat missing I like to think that they found a better home and are being well cared for and are safe...It just makes me feel better to think that. Thanks for sharing the story about Sid...you never know...maybe someone out in blogland will find him.

March 10, 2006 5:46 AM  
Blogger The Four Bears in the Woods said...

Thank you Motherkitty and Mom for your comments it meant a lot to us to know that you care. It touched me so deeply that it brought tears to my eyes. I hope our sweet kitty is in a safe place and being well taken care of. Mama Bear

March 10, 2006 11:07 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

Oh Mama Bear, I can tell it hurts you every bit as much as it does Papa Bear for your Sid to be missing. I'm so very sorry that he has gone astray. I hope and pray that he will find his way back to your loving arms and yogurt.

Our funny buddies are so very special to us. It's that unconditional love they give us. Hugs for the sadness, Finn

March 10, 2006 10:33 PM  
Blogger The Four Bears in the Woods said...

Thank you Finn for the nice comment. I too, hope that our little sweet kitty comes back. Maybe if all here wish it it will come true. Thanks so much for visiting. Mama Bear

March 10, 2006 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home