Friday, March 03, 2006

Birthday humor

I had made Papa Bear a card, front shown here, it was not intended to be funny but ended up being hillarious. I had laid it out on Papa Bear's table for him to read. In the meantime, I went to pick Baby Bear up from school and when we came back home we went in and I showed the card to Baby Bear that I had made from my card program. Well.... Baby Bear read the following paragraph and said "Huh?" I then realized that I had left part of the saying out. We had a good chuckle out of this. The saying read:
I love you more today but not as much as tomorrow.

It should have read: I love your more today than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow. (When Papa Bear and I started dating I had gotten him a necklace that had this inscribed in it). Baby Bear kidded Papa Bear that he better get all the love he could today on his birthday because he wasn't going to be loved as much tomorrow. We all got a laugh out of this last night at dinner. And I am sure I won't live it down by Papa Bear and Baby Bear. It will be a memory we will never forget and we can laugh about it each time. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That is just hilarious and I can't stop laughing!!!
Well...I guess today Papa Bear is on his own and better watch his step. *LMAO*

That was a great story and you will
laugh about this card for years to come.

March 03, 2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

What a cute story!

I've just finished reading your blog posts so far - sounds like you're a natural 'blogger'. Welcome to the blog-world!

Thanks for stopping by my blog; glad you enjoy it.

:) Jellyhead

March 03, 2006 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home