Thursday, March 09, 2006

Mom and Dad at New Orleans

This is my mom and dad. In February they took a trip with my dad's brother and his wife to visit my uncle and aunt's son and his wife and kids. My uncle's son (my cousin) lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. While on the trip they decided to tour New Orleans. This is a picture of them at New Orleans on the famous Bourbon Street. This is just one of many trips that they have taken. They went to Florida to just say they had been in it also and plan on going back to see the ocean, which they have never seen before. Oh would I love to be there to see their faces. They was amased by the Missippi river and all the sites.

I was so happy that my parents got to go on this trip because they surely do deserve this. They have worked hard, my dad as a farmer along with my mom who helped in the tobacco feilds also. They worked very hard and raised 5 kids on top of raising acres and acres of tobacco, corn, cattle, pigs etc... Mom even had to take care of the house along with working in the feilds. They were hard workers and never did go on a trip anywhere unless it was maybe every 5 years to Ohio or Indiana to visit relatives. In fact, we hardly ever went to town! We were happy though and very close. That is another story though, (my childhood) I will write more about that another time.
About their trips... Like I said, they never did travel much until maybe just last year. They took a trip with my aunt and uncle to look at the beautiful fall colors in the mountains of Virginia, West Virginia and traveled up into Pennsylvania, Maryland, etc.... They were so excited and so was I. I couldn't beleive after all these years they had finally decided to do something for themselves and enjoy life and our beautiful country we live in. Although Kentucky is a beautiful state there are lots of others too. I think they are beginning to enjoy this and look forward to trips again in the future. They are already planning more trips! Isn't that great?!!! I worry about them when they are gone (like a parent) *VBS* just as they do me and my family when we areout traveling but I am so glad they are enjoying life and each other. They have so many stories to tell about their trips and lots are very funny. So, here's to you Mom and Dad enjoy your life!!!!! I love you two very much.Hopefully someday we can travel with you guys, that would be great. Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Blogger is having problems today and doesn't seem to want to accept comments. This is my 2nd comment here...the other one disappeared somewhere to never be seen of again. The same thing happened to me over at MotherKittys site.

It is WONDERFRUL that your parents are doing some traveling. After many years of sacrificing and working hard for the family it is about time they take time to do something for themselves. I'm glad they are enjoying it and I hope that you & your family get to go with them on some trips...maybe on their first trip to see the ocean...what a sight that would be!

I have been to New Orleans, but I never got to see Bourbon Street or the French Quarter. Your parents have been to places I have never been to and I would love to hear their fascinating & the funny stories they have to tell.

I'm glad that you shared this story and I hope that you share some more stories about your family.

March 09, 2006 12:56 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Papa Bear...I just wanted to say...
I Love You!

I haven't heard anything from you lately...probably busy flying those helicopters.

March 09, 2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger Motherkitty said...

Mama Bear, thanks for a lovely post. It was nice to see a picture of your parents. I'm glad they are getting out in the world to see the sights. They should enjoy themselves while they can. Really enjoy your blog site.

March 09, 2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

After going around & reading other blogs...you are very lucky to have been able to post this morning. Sounded like lots of people had trouble just logging on, so posting was out of the question. I experienced difficulty leaving comments today...not always easy and some just disappeared, like magic, into thin air.

I know you have been busy reading today and it was a good day to read...to windy to do anything else, outside...or get blown away. Jimmy spent most of the day cleaning his clean buildings and then riding some...although it was too windy...he still rode between cleaning. I caught up on reading whatever blogs I could log on to..although difficult at times. Nice talking to you. I'm expecting a book report.

March 09, 2006 7:17 PM  
Blogger The Four Bears in the Woods said...

Thank you everyone for the nice comments. And I will say for Papa Bear that he will write some day. I have tried to persuade him to write something but he has been busy with the helicopters. Sorry, I know this is a family blog but I just can't get him or Baby Bear to write anything. One day they will surprise you. I hope.

Mama Bear

March 09, 2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Mama Bear...don't worry about Papa & Baby Bear writing anything...You just continue to write and one day...we'll just be surprised.

I really enjoy reading your stories...you tell them so well.

March 10, 2006 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home