Friday, May 12, 2006

Movin to the Middle Night

Before I start my post I wanted to tell you about this picture at the top. This is a picture of Baby Bear and his VERY BEST FRIEND. They are almost inseperable. They are at the Middle School waiting anxiously to see what group (the 6th grade kids are divided into two seperate groups the Enterprisers and the Voyagers) they will be in and what is expected of them.

Now, moving on to my post. Baby Bear is getting ready to make one of those big steps in his life he is getting ready to move out of Elementary School into Middle School. Wednesday night was "Movin to the Middle Night" where the parents and kids got to go to the Middle School to tour the school and meet the teachers and see what is expected of us and to find out more about the school and what the kids will be doing. I and my friend have been dreading this time for a long time and we stayed on the phone for 2 hours that morning worrying about this change in our child's life. Baby Bear had already went on a field trip to the Middle School and he really liked it and thought it was cool. Well, I was so glad of that but wanted the opportunity to ease my fears as a mother. I was pleased with the results so far. *VBS* The staff were all nice, so far, and I liked their way of thinking. I also liked the fact that the kids would be separated from the older kids in the school, what was one of my biggest fears because to me they are still just babies and aren't old enough to be learning certain things from the "big kids". They had some very positive things to say and I liked the school overall, so far. *VBS* It is going to be so hard to let him take this step but it is something I will have to deal with. I sometimes think this is harder for me than the first day of kindergarden, I don't know though all of them are very tough!

This last picture is a VERY proud Baby Bear showing off his prize ribbon for coming in second in the 50 yard dash at his school field day. He was so proud and happy because he thinks he is not that good at physical things and I was so so proud of him which I am anyway.

So, I have been busy getting Baby Bear ready for the Middle School and trying to prepare myself for it. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

The transition from elementary school to middle school is very difficult because, this is when you REALLY realize that your baby is growing up and there is no holding him back now.

I'm so glad that he likes the new middle school and also likes the group that he was placed in for the fall semester.

Grandma & Grandpa Jimmy love you are very proud of you, Baby Bear, and we're also proud that you came in 2nd in the 50 yard dash...that's just wonderful!!!

May 12, 2006 11:37 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I forgot to ask you...What does, "Movin to the Middle Night," mean?

May 12, 2006 10:32 PM  
Blogger ... Paige said...

I really don't have any words of advise. Each and every child is different in this "pre adult" phase. Just be there for him. Also expect him to have those days when he really thinks he is "grown" on those days try to talk to him like he is. Trust me when I say when he turns into a smarty pants... one day he will be your little boy again. Try to remember this is what we want for them, to grow and stand on their own. {hugs}

May 17, 2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

Congratulations to Baby Bear for his ribbon!

Also, I can identify with everything you're saying about changes for your kids - I get anxious on behalf of my kids, too. I can imagine it gets worse in some ways, as kids get older, because more is expected of them, and the other kids can be harder to deal with, too. Best of luck to your Baby Bear as he finishes one phase and moves on to the next. I'm sure with your support, he'll do fine!

May 23, 2006 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home