Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Baby Bear's last days at his elementary school in the 5th grade

The past few weeks have been busy for us and Friday was Baby Bear's last day of school. And last day at elementary school. There was a lot going on for us during those last few weeks of school with DARE graduation, Movin to the Middle Night, 5th Grade Night among other things. Here isa picture collage of some of the pictures that were taken during those nights. Moving to the Middle Night, which I already told about before in another post was a releif to know what is expected of them as they move to another school. I was much more at ease with this. Bottom Right picture is a picture of Brandon exploring his new school.

DARE Graduation was a special time and very important to me for Baby Bear to be involved in and learn about the dangers of drugs and alcohol. I hope he got a lot of use out of this class and will follow it in his future. It was a very touching day for me to listen to the speakers and watch the kids walk across the floor to get their certificate. Bottom left photo is Baby Bear and his friend holding up their DARE certificates and stuff.

Then there was 5th Grade Night which was a memorable night. It was kind of sad to see them go and they all displayed their boards with all their school memories. We had fun looking at all the pictures of Baby Bear through the years and it is hard to beleive he is already at this stage! He has grown so much, I wish he could stay little forever! I forgot to charge my batteries for my camera so thanks to Sandy we got some great pictures. My friend also took some for me. Sandy also wrote a very nice post on her blog about Brandon's 5th Grade Night, I told her she said about all of it and I wasn't sure I could top that. That was hard to hold back the tears that night and I am sure it is not over for me yet because I am not looking forward to the first day of Middle School. I just hate to see him grow up, and so fast! We are so proud of Baby Bear and his accomplishments over the school years and are sure he will make us more proud as the years go by. Top left and top right were some of the 5th Grade Night photos that Sandy took for us. Thank You Grandma for sharing your pictures and for sharing this night with us. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Moving to middle school means another step in growing up for Baby Bear...I know...we will lose our baby and he will emerge a young teen, by the time middle school is complete. I'm going to savor every moment of middle school and enjoy our baby while it lasts. Baby Bear has already reminded me of an up coming movie that he wants us to go see and I will take him with much pleasure because I know there's going to come a time when he will prefer to hang out with his friends...NOT grandma and that time is fast approaching.

We want to hear about your camping trip...the Boy Scout Camporee that you just attended...do you have the pictures back yet?

May 24, 2006 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home