Friday, June 16, 2006

Thank you to all

I would like to say a sincere thank you to all who expressed their sympathy towards our Shady Baby. It was much appreciated. Papa Bear made Shady a nice tombstone yesterday and we planted a flower beside his little grave.

Our other cat Smokie hasn't came back either. We are devastated that we will no longer get to enjoy them. They always brought joy to us. I sure do miss Shady's talking everytime I walked out the door and when I visited the other side of the pond I could always count of Shady to be right there beside me wanting to be petted and rubbed down while he talked to me. I miss little sweet Smokie's sweet little meow that he gave every morning from top of the roof which was his favorite place to sit.

I agree with you guys that a cat will not attempt to go near a body of water and that it was intentionally done. I fear now what will happen next to our other cats. If these people could do that what else are they capable of? Only a sick low-down person would do such a thing. These pets of ours didn't deserve this they were sweet innocent cats.

My question to the one's of you who left a comment is : What do you do about a neighbor who does such terrible things? I really would like some advice.

Thank you very much

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

After hearing the story about the neighbors dog, I am more inclined to think this is what happened to Shady Baby.

We once had a dog named Chris who would trap things in our pond and he wouldn't let them out...And after hearing about what the neighbors dog did to another cat, it wouldn't surprise me if those dogs got after your cats too, in much the same whay that Chris did.

We will never know for sure what happened to Shady Baby and if it is a person who had anything to do with it, then God will deal with them in due time. I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around... or the more popular saying, You reap what you sow.

I hope that Smokey was just frightened by the whole thing and will be back once he feels safe. Smokey may be high up in a tree afraid to come down.

PS. There is also another cat missing in your neighborhood.

June 16, 2006 8:16 AM  
Blogger doubleknot said...

I know what I would like to do to the neighbors if they had anything to do with Shady Baby but without proof it is hard and something else may have happened. I am with AIP - what goes around comes around - I have seen this so much in my life - so just wait and keep a close eye on your other kitties.

June 19, 2006 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home