Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Month of August

August is a busy month for us with my birthday the 5th and then Baby Bear started school on the 9th and our anniversary was the 12th among other things that have been going on. These two first pictures are of my birthday cookout. Our friends Randy and Donna came over and their kids and Sandy and Jimmy also. Below is a picture of Sandy and Jimmy breaking green beans that Donna and Randy had brought us from their garden. Nothing do them but to do this for us I told them they didn't have to but they did anyway so I was greatful for that. WE had a good time with fishing in the pond, and the kids swam and then we cooked out steaks and baked potatoes along with a salad. After than we all came inside and enjoyed ice cream and cake and sat and talked. I have to say it is one of my birthdays that I will always remember.

Our anniversary was the 12th, we have been married 24 years! I can't beleive that time has passed that fast! I still love Papa Bear as much or even more than I did the day I married him. We didn't do much but later than night we went with our friends to the county fair, the kids had a blast.

Baby Bear started school the 9th and seems to be doing good. The last picture below is of his first day of Middle school which is all new to us. I have been dreading it but it has went very well so far. He is already making A's on all of his tests! He likes his teachers too. He started off in football but decided it was too much for him this year with a new school and all so he decided to hold off on that this year.

Brother Bear also has moved back home and we are glad to have him back. He started work at Wendy's last week as you can see from Sandy's blog. VBS She can get away with taking pictures of him especially at work. I.... on the other hand, couldn't have gotten away with this so I want to thank her taking the pictures. They were great!
This past weekend we had a boy scout get together at our place where the kids all fished and the adults and Sandy and Jimmy also came over to enjoy the cookout we had later. Brother Bear even got off work early and got to enjoy the cookout. We had a lot of great food and conversation. They also caught lots of fish which they put in Baby Bear's swimming pool since he will not be using it anymore this year so Papa Bear could clean them later. Baby Bear wasn't too thrilled with this ideal but Papa Bear was not up to cleaning them at the time.

I just wanted to get caught up on the happenings that have been going on at our place so I can look back and be reminded of what I did this year in August.

We have really been busy this month and having a good time.
Hope you all enjoy the pictures. Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I like the pictures that you posted and of course I stuck them in your birthday folder in my computer.

I waited to late to start taking pictures of the boyscout cookout. They didn't turn out...most were very fuzzy.

September is going to be a busy month also and tell Brother Bear that besides T, he shares his birthday with Porfirio Diaz.

August 29, 2006 3:19 PM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

Happy (belated) anniversary to you and Papa Bear! That is so cute that you love him even more than you did when you married - I hope I can say that after 24 years of marriage!

Great photos, too. I especially loved being able to see Sandy - she looks so smiley and lovely!

August 29, 2006 6:12 PM  
Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

I like the fact that everyone is swimming with the fish.

August 30, 2006 5:24 PM  
Blogger ... Paige said...

What a blessed month August is for y'all. Happy weekend

September 03, 2006 11:20 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Join the fun...You've been TAGGED:
Name 5 weird pet tricks/characteristics and then pick 5 friends who have pets to play along.

September 07, 2006 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home