Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Gifts from my husband

What a talented husband I have. I took these pictures a while ago of some things my husband has made me recently over the years. The lighthouse being the latest. I love lighthouses and seen these at the store one day but they were way too expensive. For Christmas one year this is what I got from Papa Bear. Below is windchimes which was a present I received for a birthday. They sound so nice too when the wind blows.
Papa Bear is very talented in all kinds of things. I honestly can say that I haven't seen much that he can't do. He is the jack of all trades. I remember when we were first married we couldnt afford a mechanic so he went to the library and checked out a Chilton's manual on our car and fixed it himself. Since then if there is anything that needs to be done he will figure it out or study up on it and just does it. He amazes me with all of his talent. One thing I wish I hda taken a picture of is a todem pole he made me one year for my birthday. We had been to Pigeon Forge in Tennessee and I liked the Todem Poles. Well.. when we came home that year for my birthday I received a todem pole, and much nicer than the ones I had seen in Pigeon Forge. He is great at landscaping and all kinds of things. If he gets an ideal you can bet he is going to do his best to do it. So thank you Papa Bear for all of your nice gifts and for saving us so much money in what you do. I love you very much.
Mama Bear  Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Those are the kinds of gifts that mean so much...the ones handmade with love.

I have to fully agree with you, that Papa Bear is a very talented and smart bear, *S* who has a very loving heart. He's also cuddly.

And I'm not just saying that because he's my son...Jimmy also feels that way too. Jimmy has called for his expert advise on many things and Papa Bear has always been willing to help Jimmy solve any problem that he might have.

I think the reason Papa Bear makes you these nice gifts, is not to save money, but because he wants to show you how much he loves you. You are a very lucky bear, but you already know that.

Papa Bear is also fortunate that he found the perfect mate for him.

July 04, 2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

That bottom photo: is that looking out your front door? It seems that it is; it is a great view.

July 04, 2006 12:10 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Wow, Papa Bear is a keeper for sure!!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Come back again!!!

July 06, 2006 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home