Friday, June 30, 2006

Ride all your troubles away




I always enjoy taking a ride especially when I have something on my mind that is bothering me, I can get on the back of the motorcycle and it all seems to disappear. All the worries go out the window so to speak. To me this is therapy, when you are on a motorcycle there is nothing but you, the wind, the road, nature, and who you are with.

The other day was one of those days that we just needed to get on the motorcycle and take a ride. We took one of our favorite rides around where we live in Rockcastle County, Kentucky. It is so beautiful where we live and we are so lucky to have such nice places to ride. We start our trip through some winding roads with a lot of mountains and cool breezes through the trees. In the pictures you can see that there are many trees that is almost like going through a tunnel of trees. You appreciate so much more on the motorcycle than in a car. You see a lot more than in a car.... like wild flowers, flowing streams, the cool breeze, the freedom. That is what I feel like on the bike, FREE. Free of all troubles and free to enjoy life and nature. Next Picture is of Baby Bear in the side car enjoying the ride. We always say he has the best seat. *VBS*

On this particular ride we always stop at this little Church which I really like. I wonder how old it is and how many people have been saved in this small church. I think about how nice and down-to-earth these people probably are. Just good ole country folks singing old hyms and good old preaching.

We always stop here and relax at the picnic shelter they have, as you can see here Papa Bear and Baby Bear relaxing there. While we were visiting there a little mama cat came to visit us. We enjoyed some doughnuts and just sit and talked and then Baby Bear found a ball and shot some hoops as you can see in the picture.

There are more favorite things we do on this ride that I will post too. I couldn't get all the pictures on this one post.

So..... this is just the beginning of our journey on our little country ride. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello I found you from your comment on doubleknots blog and wanted to come by and take a peek at yours. I have enjoyed my visit and will stop in again

June 30, 2006 10:27 PM  
Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

I missed the photo of Baby Bear shooting some hoops.

July 01, 2006 9:33 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Wonderful story about your favorite ride and your love of motorcycles. Everyone who rides can identify with the freedom you feel with the wind in your face. You put it much better in your description of the ride, than I could ever do.

It's nice to see your pictures also of the places that you ride to.

July 01, 2006 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home