Monday, June 26, 2006

Football practice


A couple of weeks ago, or maybe less than a week ago, we had the pleasure of a visit from Brother Bear. Here are pictures of Brother Bear and Baby Bear and coach and other players at football practice and the bottom one is of Brother Bear, Grandma, Papa Bear and Grandpa Jimmy. Grandma and Grandpa Jimmy came by to visit with us since we never see Brother Bear too often. Much to our suprise, Brother Bear had called us a couple of nights before and asked us to take him to school to register for classes. Since we have went to the technical college before, he wanted us to go along for some advise. Imagine that, ADVISE! *VBS*

We were so proud to do this for Brother Bear and he is now enrolled in Technical College for cosmetology. He must get that from me because that was my first choice, cosmetology,.... when I met Papa Bear. But I chose to get married and have a family and then later went to school to be a medical transcriptionist, which I loved. Unfortunately, due to medical reasons, including carpal tunnel, I am not able to do that anymore, or much of anything... which makes it very hard since I was used to working and doing yard work and such. It is hard to get used to not being able to do these things now.

Anyway, back to Brother Bear.... We just wanted to say that Brother Bear we are proud of you and we love you very much. Brother Bear has been through some very hard trials in his teen life and has decided, I HOPE, that he needs to get started with his life. This has been my prayer for so long. I just hope he goes through with it! This has been one of his dreams, to be a cosmetologist and do tattoos on the side. He wants to work while he goes to school but I am not sure if he will be able to handle both. If he goes to school I will be happy and we will be there for moral support all we can.

Friday night we went to our friend's house for Baby Bear's friend's birthday party, Matthew turned 11. So we had a really nice time visiting with them.

Sunday was nice also. We went to church and heard some good preaching from our brother-in-law Glenn and was greeted by so many nice people there. This is a small church and everyone is so down-to-earth and I liked that about this church. Glenn and Sandie are very very nice people and we feel fortunate to have them in our family. Something that I really was happy about is when we came out Baby Bear said that he was glad we came to church and he felt better about himself. I always have a good feeling when I go to church also. I don't go as much as I should because I am not that comfortable around a group of people, nothing against the people, it is just me.... I wish I would go more though.

After church we came home and got ready for a motorcycle ride with Grandma and Grandpa Jimmy and had a nice visit with them. Grandma even drove her bike! She did a great job and Papa Bear said she was showing off because she went 55 mph. *VBS* She took Papa Bear for a short ride in the parking lot too. So we had a very good day yesterday also.

Thank you to all who stops by and leaves such nice comments, it is appreciated. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

It's always nice to visit with Brother Bear no matter where it is and he was in such a good mood...I'm guessing because he enrolled in school. I know it is something he has always wanted to do and I'm so proud of him for taking the initiative to get the ball rolling on his career.

Unfortunately Jimmy & I don't attend church but we do spend a lot of time with this particular congregation of Glen's. They are always inviting us to their after church activities...and for a church, it's not really after church. They always have a short prayer meeting with singing of hymns which we like.

We also enjoyed the Sunday bike ride...Thank you. It's always fun and relaxed and I like that... and another thing that made it special for me was showing off my riding skills...which are few, but I can go fast in a straight-a-way. *LOL*

I loved the pictures you posted...and I loved taking Papa Bear for a short ride.

June 27, 2006 12:46 AM  
Blogger Alipurr said...

that is good news about Brother Bear, also good news about church, too. Glad you guys had some good visiting time

June 27, 2006 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home